Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hey Daddy!

I am so excited to report that the O man is talking. Well, not really talking but he actually says 2 words, and in context. Owen can say "hey" and "daddy" - it is SO COOL! Owen's 'first word" was "Hey" and he actually said that the other week when he was playing with his cousin Clay. We had heard him mumble it a few times, but it was never in context. We even have it on tape because we were video-taping the boys playing. Clay had been saying "hey" over and over to him and he looked right at him and said it back! This week, he said "daddy" and at first we thought it was just babble but he will look right at Baker and say it! Not, "da- da" but a clear, sharp "dad-dee." I have been saying and signing "mommy" over and over for MONTHS so it's only fitting that he would say "daddy" first- isn't that the way it goes? Last night he actually said them both back to back, so I wonder if can go as far as to say he has said his first sentence?? If I can ever figure out how to transfer the video recordings to something like You-Tube, I will post it. Of course we have been using up more DVD's than you can imagine trying to get "daddy" caught on tape this past week.

1 comment:

Lucy Clay McGehee said...

I bet Baker has been getting him up at night practicing DADDY! That is just so cute! I can't believe he is talking! I guess he has to keep up with everyone!