Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Funny Classroom Stories

So most of you know that I work with students with special needs- specifically behavioral and emotional needs. So it's needless to say, I hear some of the funniest things in class. I thought it would be cute to let you know the ones that allow me to laugh, even at myself some days.

I have one particular student who pays very careful attention to what you are wearing and the cleanliness and quality of your attire. Now by the end of the school day I am usually pretty dirty. My clothes are adorned with various pencil, ink, and marker stains and I usually have some evidence of being on the floor as well. Well this student I am referring to stopped me at the end of the second day of school (when I was dirty) and says to me "Wright's clothes dirty! Take them home; put 'em in the pile; wash 'em!" The next day I was wearing clean clothes to work and sure enough he stopped me at the door with a precious smile on his face and said "Wright clean clothes today- Wright did the laundry!" The other day I wasn't quite on task myself and was running around trying to gather my materials and he says to me: "Wright stop waisting time!" I had to laugh!!
I had another student who was frustrated with me as I had been the one who had held his feet to the fire most of the day. Later on that day, after receiving a consequence from me, he told one of our instructional aides "Man she really does take her job seriously!" Again, I had to laugh! There is never a dull moment, but there is ALWAYS a rewarding moment each day, even if it is a hug at the end of the day from the kid who tried to kick my ass all morning.

No comments: