Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Staying well....

Staying well brings on a whole new meaning after this past week! Baker and I both got some sort of stomach bug AT THE SAME TIME!! We survived, but man it's hard to take care of a 1o week old when mom and dad are BOTH feeling horrible! We both had it all - the upset stomach, nausea, fever, aches , etc. Thank GOD Owen didn't get it! It was surely a test in what you can tolerate. I decided you pretty much can't get sick if you are a mom. Our neighbor, Lisa was a LIFESAVER! She was to the rescue for us and we really appreciate her! I had to summon her help twice this past week! She came and took Owen for a while so Baker and I could get some sleep when we were both sick - thank goodness we each had our own bathrooms! THEN she helped out in another HUGE way yesterday when our lab, Brogen was sick. I came home from errands and Owen crying and needed to be changed- I walked in to our house to one of the worse smells EVER! Brogen had pooped and peed ALL OVER THE KITCHEN! Bless his heart, he had been to the vet after getting accidentally hit in the eye playing ball, and was given pain meds and I guess the medicine didn't agree with his stomach too well. I guess the theme for this week in our house has been POOP!! Time to double up on the vitamins! Thank goodness we are on the mend and thank goodness for LISA!!

No comments: