Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Daddy gift!



So often during a pregnancy, the mom gets all the attention. Mom's even get "mommy gifts" for carrying the child and being the one to actually labor. I think there should always be a "daddy gift." Baker has been unbelievable during this pregnancy! He has endured morning sickness, aches and pains, cravings weight gain, lack of attention, trips to the doctor and hospital, worry, stress, excitement, curiosity, and so much more! I went ahead and gave him his daddy gift this past weekend. I have been planning this ever since I saw the original photo. When we found out we were having a boy and talked about a fly fishing nursery I was so excited! The gift is a portrait of Baker fly fishing in Montana several years ago. He and his dad take a trip out west to fish each year. I sent the photo to an artist in South Carolina who has done some artwork for us before. She is so very talented! I can't believe she was able to take a photo and paint such an amazing piece of artwork She did a fantastic job! I wouldn't be where I am now without Baker. I already know he is going to be an amazing father!

2 comments:

CharGrill said...

Donna,
What a sweet idea! I like the idea of a "daddy gift"! What a neat picture - he will always treasure it. I will have to get the artists' name from you. Jason was very close to his grandfather, and I've always thought a combined pic of him, his dad, and his grandfather and son would be neat.
Hope you are well, i'll call you Friday! Love, CharGrill

Joanie said...

Just beautiful. Ellen did a great job. She is so talented. I did not have to zoom in to know it was Baker. Maybe its because he is my "baby" and mothers always know their own. You were very thoughtful to have that done for him and I know he will cherish it and pass it along withhis love of the outdoors to Owen.
Keep healthy.
Love,
Joanie