Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Tough Decision, but a good one.

Well, after lots of thought and prayer (and holding out until the last minute) I have decided to go back to work. I am actually going to still be teaching with Leon County Schools, but at a different Elementary school where I will still be teaching Special Education. My students are those with emotional and behavioral problems and autism. Challenging, I know, but something I think I am good at. There were millions in budget cut backs this year and over 200 teachers positions were not renewed...pretty crappy, huh? I knew I didn't want to take a job at a "bad" school and this position kind of found me. Baker and I prayed about it and talked about it and decided that if I was offered the job, I would take it and if not, then I was going to stop looking and keep waiting and maybe just tutor a few kids and make some extra money possible doing some office work for Baker. However, I think it must be meant to be. I love teaching so much and I know the people I am going to be working with ( I will even have Baker as a resource at this school for me). Still, the thought of not being with Owen all day when I want to hurts my heart. You working moms know just how I feel I bet. I am so fortunate that this is a good school. I am so blessed that I was able to stay at home for 6 months with Owen- those times are priceless. His babysitter is actually down the street from my school and it is in a pretty centralized location of Tallahassee, so when we move it will not be too far away. I am trying to focus on the positive! This is going to be the best for our whole family. So August 11th (Owen's 6 month birthday) I will return to full-time work.Blah, blah,blah...Boo hoo (just kidding)


We are heading to Rome, GA - Baker's hometown for the weekend. Owen will get to spend some time with his Nana and Big Daddy and see his grandmother Peggy. We are also going to a wedding while we are there and there have been arrangements for a babysitter so we CANT WAIT for an adult night out!

Owen Stats:
* standing up in your lap
*pulling himself up
* trying to sit up - he can do it no problem with the boppy, but not yet totally unassisted.
*Eating 4 7oz bottles day and cereal and oatmeal and LOVING it
*an unofficial weigh-in of 16.5 pounds close to 26 inches
*imitating a few regular sounds
*laughing all the time at things like fart noises, tickles, Elmo, Earnie, and the silly songs we sing to him
* Still rolling from front to back and trying hard to get from back to front.\
*Bedtime is 7:30 -8 and he sleeps soundly until 8am. (we are counting our blessings)


Baker and simply couldn't love anything more!

No comments: