Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life in our world







Life in our world couldn't be much better. Baker and I just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Baker is such an amazing father and husband - I am the luckiest girl in the world! We had a great date night and Owen got to stay up late with his Godparents (which he loved!!). Speaking of the little man, he is getting SO BIG!! We started cereal last week and he can't get enough of it! It's like a race: he wants to see how many bits he can take in a minute. We thought the first day or two of cereal would be just trying to get him to figure out how to do it...he didn't need any instruction -he knew exactly what to do and immediately wanted more! He looked at us as if to say "why haven't you given me this before???" The boy likes to eat! He is "talking" and making all kinds of cute and funny noises. The tooth still hasn't quite broken through yet and we are still pretty much covered with drool all the time. Owen is putting anything he can grasp in his mouth these days. He is such a happy boy! for the most part, he is either eating, sleeping, or LAUGHING! He is so funny and he makes us laugh and he makes himself laugh. He's been playing a lot in his jump-a-roo and it looks like he's at a hoedown when he dances and bounces it that thing. He loves it!

Since I (still) don't know what I am going to do in the fall, I decided to teach Summer School. It's just Monday thru Thursday, 2 weeks in June and 3 weeks in July. It's down the street and I am home by 1 each day. Our neighbor and dear friend Lisa has been babysitting Owen while I am there. Owen ADORES Lisa and loves being with her. I cant' stand being away from him but I think it's a nice transition.

Owen and Baker had a very special first Father's Day! I love watching Baker and Owen together- they are 2 peas in a pod! Owen tells me all the time that he wants to be just like his daddy one day!

Owen had another photo shoot with our friend and photographer, Amanda, this past week. She is so talented and Owen did great for her. The photos are priceless. I am just in awe at how fast he is growing and changing. You hear that, and people tell you "how fast they grow" but to actually experience it is unbelievable. He just lights up our world!

No comments: